Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Uncle Patrick's Day

M is a little confused about the whole St. Patrick's Day thing. I tried to tell her about wearing green and such (didn't really even remember why?). Told her about the pinching thing and such. Later she says to me,
"I don't want to go to Uncle Patrick's party cause I don't have anything green to wear and I'll get pinched!"

I had no idea what she was talking about till I realized that she was talking about how she didn't want to participate in the St. Patrick's day tradition of wearing green. She was really having trouble grasping that this was a holiday not some function that we were attending. Still I thought it was cute that she linked it to her uncle somehow and then was worried about wearing green and getting pinched.

Never fear, we had plenty of green on and we had a grand time going to the library, having a playdate with Reese, making sugar cookies with green sprinkles, and taking a green bath tonight! Would love to show the pics I have of that, but not really internet appropriate, so I'll post a crop of one of the pics.



It was such a nice day after so many very rainy days, that we had some time outside as well. W enjoyed the swing in spite of his new teeth pushing through.


And just so you can see what I was up to yesterday on the oh so rainy day, I'll post a pic of the million dish marathon. Don't worry folks, the dishes in this photo are clean! There was not a dirty dish in the house for at least 30 minutes! haha! And yes I have to was them all by hand.
As M, has had some rough days in school lately, I'm proud to say that she has been extremely well behaved these last several days which is one of the reasons I was able to stay at it with the dishes till every last utensil was washed!

0 comments: